Headshot Marketing Workshop
The Headshot Marketing Workshop:
Douglas Gorenstein is a master headshot photographer who was voted favorite headshot photographer in New York by the readers of BackStage. Douglas served as the photographer for the Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon where he photographed amazing images of Hollywood's biggest stars.
Douglas has photographed headshots for Wendy Mckenzie, Jimmy Fallon, Mindy Kaling, Tariq "Black Thought" Trotter, Kevin Jonas, Vivica A. Fox, Arsenio Hall, La Toya Jackson, Star Jones, NeNe Leakes, Keshia Knight Pulliam, Terrell Owens, Kenya Moore, Clay Aiken, Kate Gosselin, Gilbert Gottfried, Gary Busey, Jose Canseco, Lil Jon, Marlee Matlin, Mark McGrath, Meat Loaf, Lisa Rinna, Dionne Warwick, Tia Carrere, Lou Ferrigno, Debbie Gibson, Dee Snider, Marilu Henner, Bret Michaels, Dennis Rodman, George Takei, Lorenzo Lamas, Ian Ziering, Johnny Damon
Live performances photographed by Douglas include Kendrick Lamar, The Weekend, Snoop Dogg, Justin Bieber, Adele, Ed Sheeran, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell Williams, Alicia Keys, Jennifer Lopez, Ariana Grande, Fetty Wap, Lauren Hill, Pitbul, Madonna, Public Enemy, Lady Gaga, Alessia Cara, Gwen Stefani, Selena Gomez, Shawn Mendez, Camilla Cabello, Stevie Wonder, Justin Timberlake, The Roots, CeeLo Green, John Legend, Ricky Martin, Nick Jonas
Check out the incredible headshot and celebrity portfolio at DouglasGorenstein.com
The Headshot Marketing Seminar:
Learning everything you need to know about getting your headshots done right!
- Understanding the industry standards for headshots– Commercial, Legit, TV, Film, & Musical Theater.
- Preparing for your headshot session – How to look your best on your big day.
- Defining your type – Be sure your headshots make sense for who you are as an actor and how to communicate this to your photographer.
- Wardrobe choices – What to wear and what not to wear. Colors, necklines, styles and what they say about you.
- Lighting- The pros and cons of natural, studio, & mixed lighting.
- Shooting - Indoors vs Outdoors.
- Hair and Make-Up – Keeping it real. Curly Hair vs Straight Hair.
- How to work in front of a still camera –Tips to make you feel alive, connected and to bring out your personality.
- What you should demand of your headshot photographer.
- Tips for how to choose your final images.
- Retouching – What is acceptable and doable in the retouch process.
- Prints – Making sure your 8x10s are done to perfection. Color correction, exposure & contrast. Borders and fonts.
- What Casting Directors and Agents look for in a headshot
Please bring your current headshot if you have one so Douglas can give you feedback.