NewarkIFF 24 Hour Film Contest 2019
The Official Rules and Participation Agreement for the 24 Hour Film Contest, your task should you decide to accept the challenge. The Filmmaker, with the cast and the crew, (or just alone with a camera is challenged to make a 2-5-minute short film with an assigned action and prop. The task is to write a script, direct the actors, shoot the film, edit, sound and music, and deliver the film in 24 hours.
The NewarkIFF 24 Hour Film Contest Award will be offered to the best film. All participant will receive a certificate of participation.
By entering the 24-hour Film Contest, entrants hereby agree as follows:
- All Contestant Bound by These Rules – Entrants hereby agrees to take part in The NewarkIFF 24 Hour Film Contest scheduled to take place between 5pm on March 13, 2019 and 5pm on March 14, 2019 (this is the official date and time). These Official Rules apply to each and every participant team (Teams[s]) of filmmakers, actors, crew members and all other players in and contributors to any film or other piece entered into this Contest. A team may not participate without submitting this agreement.
- To be eligible for the contest, entries must be the original work of the Entrant must not infringe third party’s rights; must be suitable for publication (i.e. may not be obscene or indecent, must not contained obscene or pornographic material, may not contain defamatory statements about any person, company, organization or entity, may not invade privacy or other rights of any person, company or entity, may not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulation, may not contain any copyrighted elements (other than as owned by the NewarkIFF). Entries containing prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the NewarkIFF, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified. NewarkIFF reserves the right to make the final determination as to which entries are eligible. NewarkIFF reserved the right to refuse to screen a fil or to make an announcement at the screening regarding the content of the film.
- Film submission deadline – The completed film must present a ‘hard copy’ formats. All films to be submitted for the official selection must be delivered in person by the specified date and time. Film delivered after the specified date and time will be rejected.
- Preparations – The ONLY work that may take place prior to the date and time is (a) the organizing of cast members and crew members; (b) the securing of equipment; (c) the scouting and securing of locations; (d) costume and set design; and (e) the preparation, execution and submission of required documents to the NewarkIFF.
- Maximum Length – The finished 24 Hour Film Contest must be a MAXIMUM of 2 to 5 minutes in duration from picture start to picture ends including credits.
- Format Requirement – the finished film MUST be submitted in one of the acceptable USB flash drive or playable DVD format. The NewarkIFF will not be responsible and would reject or withdraw faulty files, it is the duty of the participants to make sure the files are checked for quality of delivery.
- The producer, confirms that all release agreements for the submission including music copyright clearance, are in place and will take full responsibility for any matter arising from its broadcast.
- In order for the Team to qualify as a potential “Winner” of the NewarkIFF 24 Hour Film Contest, each team plot must incorporate the assigned required element that must appear in its film, such as genre, a character, an action, a prop and/or a line dialogue which is the sole discretion of the NewarkIFF. (character, prop must be seen on-screen and it must be clear; line of dialogue must be used verbatim – may be spoken, sung and/or written).
- Credits – the textual beginning and/or end credits for any Entered Film delivered to the NewarkIFF MUST include a separate card credit reading Created for The NewarkIFF 24 Hour Film Contest.
- Disqualification – NewarkIFF reserves the right to disqualify any Team, Contributor, Entrant, Film that does not comply with the Official Rules and other Content requirements. No pre-screening distribution in any way prior to it receiving its official NewarkIFF 24 Hour Film Contest premiere screening.
- All contestant understands(s) that the NewarkIFF is not obliged to return the copy of the film that the Entrant submitted to the Festival and confirm that contestant have/has retained at least one other copy of the film.
- All contestant agrees(s) to be bound by the decision of the judges of the Festival whose decision will be final. All contestant further understands and agree(s) that the judges are not obliged to give any feedback to you regarding the film.
Entrant and all Team Members hereby acknowledge that they have each read, and each agree to abide by these Official Rules for the NewarkIFF 24 Hour Film Contest 2019. The NewarkIFF reserves the right to review and accept only those movies and other submitted materials that comply in all aspects with the Official Rules. Furthermore, by completing the initial online registration submission form.